Risk Analyst – Investment Banking
We’re working on an exciting opportunity for an Analyst looking to progress their career in a leading full-service Investment Bank. The firm is well known to offer a great working environment, flexible working and top rewards. The team offers a supportive learning environment in which you can learn and gain exposure to multiple risk types.
- You will play a part in management of second line processes and enforcement of policies to identify, assess, manage, monitor and report on market, credit, capital and liquidity risk.
- Provide oversight, challenge and advice to first line business units on the management of risks within their business areas.
- Escalate risk issues, including breaches of risk appetite and risk tolerance.
- Undertake assessments of specific financial risks, providing recommendations for improved management of risks.
- Prepare regular reports and presentations for management, executive and Board level committees on risk profile and material risk issues.
- Identify and implement ways to mature the management of financial risks within the firm, specifically, within the second line of defence.
- 12 – 24 months experience of working in a risk and control function, in an Investment Bank or Consultancy, through which you will understanding of the key financial risks to which an investment firm is exposed, particularly those of arising from trading activities.
- Some experience (however limited) in applying quantitative and statistical methods to the management of financial risks (e.g. VaR, scenario analysis, probability analysis, Monte Carlo simulations, Bayesian networks)
- Able to communicate complex subject matters effectively (verbally and in writing) to a diverse audience.