hybridge is currently representing a leading retail banking and lending firm who are seeking to hire a Deputy Head of Compliance to help manage the day to day activities of the group compliance function and to provide direction and leadership for a range of regulatory and internal compliance standards, including management of the compliance assurance and regulatory affairs team.
Duties & Responsibilities will include
- Effective day to day management of the compliance assurance and regulatory affairs teams in the UK ensuring high performance standards and achievement of team objectives.
- Implementing actions to mitigate any risk of regulatory sanctions, financial loss or loss of reputation to the firm that may arise as a result of failure to comply with applicable laws, regulations, codes of conduct, reporting and other expected standards of good practice in a retail bank.
- Ensuring the firm maintains a robust compliance framework, including conduct risk, and reviews this on a regular basis initiating appropriate interventions where necessary.
- Deliver and manage a professional and effective compliance monitoring function, including undertaking due diligence on key stakeholders and business introducers.
- Line manage and coach all direct reports including all aspects of performance management, development, conduct, sickness management, appraisals, employee administration.
4+ years compliance experience gained within a retail banking environment.
Proven experience of managing a compliance team, and providing leadership.
hybridge is a leading governance recruiter, with significant expertise and presence in: Compliance, Financial Crime, Internal Audit, Risk and Cyber Security. What sets hybridge apart is its focus on delivering a top quality service, focused on helping governance professionals make informed career decisions and achieve their ambitions.