Retail Banking firm in London are seeking an Interim Risk Manager for a 3 month + assignment.
You must have a Consumer Credit background with experience within Credit and Operational Risk.
Reporting to the Head of Risk & Compliance, the Risk Manager will be a senior member of the Bank's second line Risk Function. In this capacity he/she will be expected to liaise closely and effectively with a range of internal and external stakeholders to help ensure that the Bank maintains a robust Enterprise Risk Management Framework capable of identifying, monitoring and managing the risks to which the Bank is or could be exposed.
- Maintain a range of KRIs (divisional, functional, enterprise level) that are monitored monthly, quarterly or annually as appropriate and which are used as the basis of monthly Risk Management reports to EXCO and Board.
- Prepare quarterly "horizon scanning reports" to consider new and emerging risks and submit to EXCO and Board.
- Undertake periodic deep dives on Credit Risk and Operational Risk (as well such other risks as required by EXCO and/or the Board) with a view to highlighting any areas of concern, material changes, emerging threats and opportunities.
- Each month review divisional Risk Registers for completeness and each quarter prepare a Consolidated Risk Register for submission to the Audit & Risk Committee.
- Ensure that the Board Risk Appetite & Tolerance Statement is up-to-date and appropriate for the Bank's business model.
- Ensure that the Bank's Risk Management Policy is up-to-date and appropriate for Raphaels' business model.
- Provide support and advice to Risk Managers within each of the Bank's divisions to help ensure that risk management is embedded fully throughout the Bank.
- Liaise closely with Compliance to ensure that the second line is acting in a coordinated and effective manner.
- Help in the professional development of more junior members of the Risk Function.
- Assist the Head of Risk & Compliance and/or the Bank's CRO with such other tasks as may be required from time-to time.
- The ability to interpret facts, patterns and trends to reach evidence-based decisions on the nature of all material risks facing the Bank.
- The ability to prioritise risks and opportunities in terms of probability, scale, significance, impact and distribution.
- The ability to remain up-to-date with current best practice in the field of risk management and to identify a range of possible tools and techniques to manage the various risks faced by the Bank.
- The ability to implement plans and priorities to deliver risk management policy within agreed timescales and budgets.