Exciting opportunity for a Head of Risk and Regulation within the Payment Services department of one of the oldest independent banks in the UK based in the heart of London.
The Bank operate as a dynamic, niche savings and lending bank with a portfolio of ATMs and a well-established, market-leading payment services division.
- To ensure that the Programmes are and remain compliant with all bank policies, applicable legislation and card scheme rules.
- To raise awareness of relevant rules and regulations within Payment Services and with our Partners
- To liaise with Bank Risk / Compliance / MLRO in respect of bank policies and implementation thereof within Payment Services
- To ensure the Risk & Regulation team is appropriately trained and skilled to add value to all card programme launches to ensure that there has been due consideration and design within to meet:
- Bank policies;
- Relevant national and European laws and regulation;
- Card Scheme rules.
- To plan, oversee and manage the Division's ongoing Outsource Compliance Monitoring Programme. (OMP), including Partner monitoring, and delivery of root cause analysis on complaints, fraud and SARs, and develop remediation as part of the OMP.
- To oversee and ensure the Risk and Regulation team interprets the impact of any existing and/or proposed legislative changes (across those European countries where we issue) or Card Scheme rule changes on Payment Services' programmes and recommend plans and courses of action to the Stratco.
- To represent the Division at Industry forums, such as EMA and PIF, and to attend relevant Industry conferences and seminars
- To represent the Division with the Card Schemes in relation to regulatory compliance and fraud
- To provide pre and post-sales consultancy to partners (or potential partners) as requested by the team members on regulatory and card scheme issues.
- To represent the Division in correspondence with non-UK regulators
- To monitor the level of knowledge of relevant legislation and Card Scheme rules within Payment Services and make recommendations as to training needs and options.
- To continually develop and maintain a level of compliance, fraud and AML expertise and guidance that ensures best practice within Payment Services and across our partners
- Broad ranging experience of managing compliance issues relating to Cards And Payments business in a regulated environment, ideally including prepaid
- Extensive team and people management
- Knowledge of legislation and regulation relating to the relevant card industries ideally across the European region
- Knowledge of both Visa and MasterCard scheme rules
- External Compliance qualification an advantage.
- Project Management
- Good knowledge of Microsoft Excel, Word and other MS Office packages is essential
- Knowledge of Microsoft Visio and Microsoft Project an advantage.