Audit Manager (AVP) - Finance Audit
Our client, a leading US investment Bank, has an exciting opportunity to join their finance audit team in London. Working as part of a high calibre team with responsibility for risk assessment, control identification, development of audit testing, and executing the regional audit plan covering areas including legal entity structure, internal booking practices and external reporting.
- Plan, execute and document audits with limited supervision in a risk focused manner and to a high standard in accordance with department and professional standards.
- Evaluate, test and report on the adequacy and effectiveness of the control environment.
- Analyse risks and proactively identify the root-cause of issues with a view to providing recommendations for improvement where weaknesses are identified.
- Finalize audit findings and use judgment to provide an overall opinion on the control environment.
- Communicate audit results and issues in a clear and concise manner, both verbally and in writing.
- Drive all aspects of audit execution, including audit planning, audit testing, control evaluation, audit report drafting, workpaper documentation and follow up and verification of issue closure.
- This may include individual performance or leading a team of auditors in planning, testing and reporting on the effectiveness of controls that support the Investment Banking Finance function.
- An experienced professional with a finance and accounting background who possesses good project management skills, strong relationship management capabilities and is knowledgeable of the operational and control risks which exist in Investment Banking businesses in general.
- You are likely to have between 4 and 7 years experience gained either in a leading financial services firm, or in the Big 4.
- Demonstrable knowledge, and experience of auditing Corporate and Investment businesses or Finance functions.
- Detailed understanding of internal control and risk assessment concepts and strong analytical skills to assess the impact of control weaknesses
- Strong execution skills, ability to work independently with limited supervision and multi-task. Works well individually and in teams, shares information, and supports colleagues. Ability to create strong stakeholder relationships that promote transparency and open dialogue around control issues
- Strong verbal and written communication skills, with the ability to present complex and sensitive issues to management in a persuasive manner.
Hybridge is the specialist recruitment firm for Internal Auditors operating from Manager to MD level in the Financial Services Sector.
We have access to specific roles with the top UK, European and US Financial Services Companies, across Investment, Retail and Corporate Banking, Insurance and Asset/Investment Management including:
Business and IT Internal Audit Managers (AVP's)
Business and IT Senior Internal Audit Managers (VP's)
Head of Business and IT Audit (Directors)
Internal Audit Directors (MD's)